With Box Critters getting ready for BETA Testing, they have stopped adding content to the current ALPHA version of the game, if you registered an account before December 2021 you can still play. So with the Team focused on the BETA Testing version, they have turned to their social medias to share Sneak Peeks, Future Features, etc. to show us their progress or just to gather some feedback from the Community for an idea.
Since the Box Critters Team doesn’t have a Development Blog nor a Blog in-general, I have created this Page to keep everyone updated on all the development content that they have shared to the Community. Due to some not having certain social medias, this page will be great for you.
This page is updated weekly with the latest Development News. So remember to check back!
- May 17th – Such a majestic beast. Do you think it’s a friend, foe or other?
- July 19th – Behind the scenes look at a game in development. Hmmm, that gate looks familiar.
- July 26th – Playing in the sand.
- September 7th – Now the gate is getting colored! Still wonder where it’s going to go?
- September 13th – What decorations do you think will go in this big ol’ empty field?
- November 1st – The team has been busy building new content. Where could this wall go?
- November 15th – Starting in the new year events are going to slow down while the team focuses on building out some core systems.
- November 22nd – More behind the scenes images. Here are the current icons for organizing items into categories.
- November 29th – Brand new vehicle in the works for outer space exploration. It’s a real blast.
- December 6th – Chickening out and retreating in the Combat Card Game.
- December 13th – Where could that path go?
- December 20th – Wherever it is, it sure looks relaxing.
- January 10th – The Team shared a sneak peek of a Waving Critter Avatar, they are looking for more ideas for other actions that our Critters can do.
- January 17th – We got a sneak peek of a “cozy location” room. As well as Mrchilly (Box Critters Artist) sharing a sneak peek of another spot in that room. UPDATE: this room that they shared will be customizable, player-created house sneak peek
- January 24th – They are moving the Critter Climb (currently in the Jungle) minigame to a new location.
- January 31st – View of a Beaver Character that players will be able to purchase things from.
- February 14th – This week the Team started to work on the Critters, sharing a short video of a Hamster Critter (default critter) and a Raccoon Critter.
- February 23rd – Found out that there may be a combination between Critters and Cannons, but what…
- February 28th – Was given a new Room Sneak Peek with a Fountain and are those some Houses on the horizon?
- March 7th – Got a Sneak Peek of inside of a new Building, looks like a Restaurant.
- March 14th – Follow the dotted line to Adventures.
- March 14th – Beware of the Kraken!
- March 21st – Sometimes you meet helpful critters, other times you cross fearsome foes… I wonder which one this character is?
- March 28th – Wait! There are more than just palm trees?
- April 4th – Sneak peek of an island destination.
- April 11th – Captain Dusty Greybeard McChipper. We couldn’t decide on a name so we chose all 3.
- April 18th – Things are sure looking ship-shape!
- April 25th – I wonder what’s in store for the critters over there?
- May 2nd – Introducing Barrel, Wooden Crate and Lamp Post!
- May 9th – Time to investigate what’s beyond the settled parts of the world!
- May 16th – Happy Hippo Critter.